Office of FINANCIAL SERVICES
How to apply for a refund
Revenue Services issues refunds for student accounts in credit.
If you are entitled to a refund:
- You need to apply in writing using the Request for refund of student fees form (Word)
- Forward an email request to ask.mq.edu.au (Fees, Fines and Loans) or fax the above form to (+612) 9850 9351.
Refunds are processed by electronic funds transfer (EFT) (to your saving/cheque account). Please provide following details:
- Account Name
- BSB No
- Account Number (not the keycard number).
International students please note:
International Students must apply to Macquarie International for Refunds.
Generally, refunds for international students will only be processed if a student is in the last semester of his/her study, or is withdrawing completely from his/her course, or given a special consideration.
If you are an international student who has a credit in your student account, but you are not completing your study in the current study period (a continuing student), you will not be eligible for a refund. The credit will remain in your student account and will be allocated towards tuition fees for future semesters. This includes credits from
- Overpayment of fees in any study period, and
- Withdrawal from one or more units after a payment has already been made.
For more details about the International Student Refunds Policy, including a Request for Refund of Fees form, please go to http://www.international.mq.edu.au/ and follow the links for fee refunds.